Just a Stitch or Two....

Friday, October 20, 2006

Love



And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all?
And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is Hear, O Isreal; The Lord our God is one Lord:
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy nieghbor as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.
Mark 12: 28-31 KJV

We really need to think about this kind of love for a minute. God expects us to love Him above all else in our lives, even ourselves. Do we really, REALLY love Him that way? I know I want
to love Him above all else, with all my strength, mind might, soul, and heart. Everyday the decisions I make, the things I do, make me realize I fall far short in fulfilling this commandment.
I also know I don't love others like I should. Would I give up what I have to help someone else?
I don't know. I think I probably wouldn't if what I was giving up was important to me. It is not as easy to follow these two commandments as it appears on first reading them. I am going to be doing a study on love in the Bible in the next few weeks, to help me to better understand what God really expects from me as His child. That is what I really want, to be all that God wants me to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home